- Description: Color Ad for a Senior Citizens Bake Sale
- Process: I first scanned the photo i found in a magazine and saved it onto my flash drive. For the process of creating the flier, I wanted the picture i scanned to really stand out, so i enlarged it and make it use up the most space on my flier to attract peoples attention. I then wanted to use the same colors as the cookies for fonts and boxes, so it could have repetition and flow.
- Top 3 things learned:
- 1) I learned that white space is important for the people who are viewing your flier
- 2) I learned that repetition,especially in a color flier brings it all together
- 3)I learned that Contrast will attract the audiences attention to your flier
- Program(s) / Tools used: Word
- Font #1 Name & Category:Chapara Pro Light-Script
- Font #2 Name & Category: Goudy old style-Sans Serif
- Scanned images used, sources, original sizes: Original Image- Size:1150 x 1223 , Better Homes Magazine
Description: This Flier is an 8.5 by 11 inch black and white flier for a graduation leadership conference
Process: For this flier, my main goal was to think outside of the box and be creative. I wanted the flier to grab peoples attention. I repeated the theme of the slashes within the title of the flier as well as the bottom beside the logo. I also wanted to incorporate Contrast, so i made the word “Graduate” bolder and larger than the rest of the title and made the dates and locations white on a black circle. I wanted the main question of “Do you want to have the competitive edge in business?” really stand out so i changed the sizes of each word and placed it in its own section on the Flier. Overall, i tried to make the flier have flow.
Top 3 things learned:
1) I learned that white space is very important to the audience who is reading a flier. It gives them time to breathe and gives their eyes a rest
2)I learned that contrast will attract the audience’s attention and can make a flier more appealing
3)I learned that Flow is important when designing a flier. If a flier has flow, it will cause the audience to read the whole flier and the reader can follow the design & easily gather the information without getting lost.
Program(s) / Tools used: Adobe InDesign
Title Font Name & Category:
Copy Font Name & Category:
Links to all images you used in this project: